Live Well * Laugh Often * Love Much





Saturday, July 23, 2011

Baby Too - Our Story

(note: I didn't take a picture of ours, so I "borrowed" this image from somewhere else)

As you know, Kiera took us 2 years to conceive.  We even tried fertility treatments, although, in the end the old fashioned way worked.  Since Mike is an only child, and he doesn’t want our daughter to grow up with out siblings.  So we started again shortly after she was born. We had set a deadline of May 1st, Mike’s 45th birthday.

Over the past 6 months, we had come to the realization that we may not have a second. With the deadline looming, we came to feel blessed by our little girl, and accept that she will be our only child. We were determined to no let her feel alone, so we looked at different activities and ways to ensure she had interaction with other children.

May 1st came and went without too much fanfare. I had noticed that my period had not come, but with PCOS, I don’t have a regular cycle. Two weeks later, May 14th, it still had not come, but there were no other pregnancy symptoms either. Mike suggested taking a test anyway, just in case. We picked one up on our way out of town to visit his mom.

We got to her place, visited with her, had lunch, and started packing to go, when I remembered the test. I had picked up one of those that tell you not only if you are pregnant, but approximately how far along you are (up to 5 weeks). I went into her washroom, did the test and waited. I nervously looked down and read the test. That can’t be right. I took the test out and showed my husband. His mom asked what was going on, and Mike turned to his mom and said “Gina’s Pregnant.” His mom’s reply was “I was going to ask about that. That thought that you should be having a 2nd soon.”

Not only was I pregnant, but according to the stick, I was over 5 weeks along. How that for a birthday gift for my husband! I was in denial. It took another week to see the doctor, and since I don’t have a regular cycle, I was sent for an ultrasound to date the pregnancy before they could give me a due date.
On June 7th, I got to see the baby, and that is when it became real. I also found out I was 9 ½ weeks at that point in time. 

I saw my doctor again 2 weeks later, and she officially set the due date as January 5th, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment