Live Well * Laugh Often * Love Much





Saturday, July 23, 2011

Life is full of Lemons... and Lemonade



Lets start with the Lemon's

After being very excited at my new job, they "terminated" my position.  Basically, my position no longer exists; therefore, no job to go to.  
Received confirmation that Mike's contract with the University will not be renewed as of September.

For this last one, I will go into details in another post, but let's just say we are having complications with this pregnancy, and are therefore considered High Risk.

After those big Lemons, the little lemons don't mean much, so I'm not going to share them.

 This is where the lemonade comes in.  I have always followed the philosophy "if life gives you lemons, make lemonade."

Well I am making a whole lot of lemonade right now.  

Glass 1: I get to spend time with Baby Girl, and I am enjoying it.  Plus it is saving us money on child care.
Glass 2: Mike will qualify for Employment Insurance if he is unable to find a job right away.

Glass 3: I have realized how much I like my Dr.  She and the rest of the team looking after me have inspired confidence, and I feel like no matter what, everything will be fine.

Glass 4: Due to the issues with the pregnancy, baby too may be here sooner rather than later.  Maybe even before the end of 2011, which will help our taxes: :)

Despite everything, we are healthy.  We are working on the happy, and we are definately not thirsty.

Glass of Lemonade anyone?

1 comment:

  1. I love lemonade!! Actually I am drinking lemonade as i type this.......and good for you for trying to keep a positive attitude. I know it can be hard, but I truly believe it has a strong influence in our lives and those around us, including baby. Love you sis and keep posting.

    ReplyDelete