Live Well * Laugh Often * Love Much





Friday, July 27, 2012

It's Never Too Early to Start

I am not sure why, but I am on this creativity kick right now.  Thinking about it, but not really doing anything with it yet.

Creativity is something I want to encourage in our girls.  Even if you are not artistic, musical, etc, you can still be creative.  Even in the business world, creativity helps you think "outside the box" (I wish I knew what box they are talking about), and come up with new or innovative solutions.

Kiera loves to colour and draw and paint, and do anything that makes a mess, so we do those kinds of things.  However, I just discovered something else they can do, BLOG.

I know, you would think that something like that would be obvious, but I never thought about it as something kids do.  Until I heard about blogs written by kids.


Veg (Mary) is a 9 year old girl in Scotland that has been photographing and talking about her schools cafeteria food on her blog NeverSeconds.  She even started Mary's Meals to school lunch programs in developing countries.

In Toronto, KJ, who is 8 years old and the worlds youngest blogger, posts news stories that are interesting to children and adults alike on his blog.

What an amazing way to allow kids to express themselves, share their interests and develop language skills.  Perhaps one day Kiera and Kayla will have their own blog, and they can talk about "Life with Mommy and Daddy."


No comments:

Post a Comment