Live Well * Laugh Often * Love Much





Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Kids... Not Just Cute

I'll admit that kids can come in handy sometimes.

In the times before remote controls (man, am I dating myself), our parents used us to change the channel. When I was a teenager, we were cheap labour in the family business.

However, with the invention of remotes, and not having a family business, I had not found things I can get the kids to do for me. 

Until recently.

I found a use for my children quite by accident.

One afternoon, I received a phone from a number I didn't recognize.  I usually avoid those calls.  If they really wanted to reach me, they would leave a message.  However, this time, I was distracted by the children.

"Hello, may I speak with Gina **** ****."

"Speaking"

"Hi, this is *****.  I am calling from (insert some name here), and we are conducting a survey on your recent experience with ...." I am not going to go into the rest as I wasn't really listening.

  "I would like to ask you some questions.  It should only take about 5 minutes."


This is when the kids started screaming and whining at me.

"Um, right now is not a good time."

"Ok, we will try you another time.  Good Bye."

I have never been able to get a telemarketer off the phone so quickly.  I need to train the girls to scream on command.
On command only, I might add.

My girls will come in handy after all.


No comments:

Post a Comment