Live Well * Laugh Often * Love Much





Monday, April 26, 2010

A Day Off

Baby girl is changing so fast.  We were just at Grandma Helen's a month ago, but she wasn't crawling yet.  Hubby decided to take her to see Grandma Helen for the day.  For reference, grandma lives 2 hours away.  He asked if I wanted to come along on their little adventure.  I hummed and hawwed for about 5 seconds, before I decided to decline.  I wanted to give them a little daddy-daughter time.  Aren't I generous.

Now for me to figure out what to do with 8 hours free time.  First thing I did was start laundry and organizing the house.  Heaven help me.  I managed to pull myself away to update my facebook status, then I had a nice long relaxing shower.  I decided my only plan for the day was to take the bike out for a ride.

Nina convinced me to come visit her.  I hopped on my bike and headed on over.  She surprised me at the door with a cup of coffee, then gave me a pedicure.


I love this colour.
After coffee and a pedicure, Nina, her mom, Boog and I got on the bus, and went to Mr. Mike's for lunch (mom was buying - thank you mom).  I like their salad bar, though, I do think it is a little over priced.  Yummy cooked mushrooms.  I ordered a mushroom burger to go along with the salad since I never get mushrooms at home.  It did not quite live up to my dreams.  It was greasy, which defeated anything the salad was trying to do. 

After lunch, we went to the grocery store.  I had decided I was making a salad for dinner (still making up for the greasy burger).  We had left over BBQ'd chicken at home, so I grabbed some lettuce, dried cranberries, pecan halves and herbed feta to go with it.

Oh look, there's a Starbucks.  How convenient.  Nina bought us coffee's to go.  And when goes with coffee?  A Book!!!!  Well, everything goes with coffee, but I am using this as a transition to our next stop - the bookstore next to the grocery store.


Time to catch the bus back to Nina's.  After packing all the groceries into my saddlebags (it was a tight fit), I got on my bike to come home.  It took me longer to come home.  I wasn't ready to get off my bike, so I took a little detour.  I got home in time to make dinner, finish 3 loads of laundry, play on facebook and cuddle with the kitty.

It was a great day, but I sure missed my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment