Live Well * Laugh Often * Love Much





Friday, April 16, 2010

March Goal Review

It's a little late.  Over the past week or 2, I have been extremely tired.  It is not Kiera as she has been sleeping mostly through the night.  To tell you the truth, I am not sure what is causing the exhaustion.  I suspect that it is depression rearing it's not so friendly head, trying one last attempt before summer comes and the sun is out.

Leisure Time
I will get my motorcycle license by July 1, 2010.
* We got our bike's insured and serviced.  I started my couse, and have passed my MST (Motorcycle Skills Test).  The MST is the 1st part.  We started riding in the city yesterday.  If anyone is interested, call John at Dallas Driving School.

my bike :)

I will read 10 books per year, 2 of which must be nonfiction.
* I have read 5 books so far, 3 of which were none fiction.  I have reviewed 2 of the books in previous posts.

Community Involvement
I will volunteer by March 31st, 2010.
* I decided to volunteer for the Canadian Cancer Society.  I worked the table at Save On Foods, selling daffodil pins on March 28th.  I did my volunteer orientation on April 9th - Daffodil Day, and I do my first training session on April 22nd.  I am really excited to be doing this. 


Personal Growth
I will reconnect with my friends by the end of the year.
* Our Earth Hour Murder Mystery went really well.  I am hoping to plan something again next month.  I do meet once a week for coffee with Nina, my BFF.

I will post to my blog 3 times per week.
* I changed this one to 12 times per month.  I met that for March, but I am a little behind for April.  Better get crack-a-lacking.

Health and Fitness
I will work out for 30 minutes, 3 times per week.
* This goal has fallen short.  I don't enjoy working out, so it is the most difficult one for me to accomplish.  I have become a participant in the local Biggest Loser contest beginning May 1st.  Ouch.  I will keep you posted on how well all that works.  I am hoping for Bob. 
* I also joined the Hula Hunnies for the Relay for Life.  We are hosting a Father Daughter Ball on May 15th.  Let me know if you are interested.

Baby Girl and I are back in Mother Goose.  She is going to have a lot more fun this time.  Well, better go out and enjoy the sun!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment