Live Well * Laugh Often * Love Much





Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Earth Hour

 
On March 27th at 8:30 pm, the world will be turning out their lights for Earth Hour.
 
What is Earth Hour you might ask.  I know I did the first time I heard about it.  Earth Hour started in Sydney, Australia 3 years ago when the city decided to take a stand on climate change.  Over 2 million homes and business turned their light off for 1 hour.  Since then, it has grown to a global phenomenon.  Last year over 4000 cities in 88 countries participated.
 
I have decided to host a murder mystery party.  Candles will light our house, and the TV and computers will be off.  We will be able to spend our time with our friends.  I am really looking forward to it.  If you would like to join us, please let me know.
 
Are you going to participate?  If so, what are your plans?  Share some of your ideas. 
 
If you are looking for ideas, check out the Earth Hour website for some great ideas.  As well, join the Earth Hour Canada blog and share your plans there.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment