Live Well * Laugh Often * Love Much





Thursday, March 4, 2010

Mother Goose

Yesterday was a sad day.
Mother Goose has ended.

For those who might not know, Mother Goose is a Parent-Child Group where you spend an hour singing songs with your child.  But it is so much more than that.  Baby Girl is able to interact with other children.  She is better able to understand language and sounds, and she responds to her favourite songs.  I am able to meet other mothers with children close to her age, and I learn another way to dealing with stressful situations with Kiera.

Already the some of the songs we have learnt have come in handy.  There are many a time where I have sung "Roly Poly" and "The Wheels on the Bus" while in the car to calm Baby down.  I am sure that I have entertained many people at stop lights.

Everyday, Kiera and I sit on the couch and sing at least one of her favourite songs, like "What Do We Do with a Tiny Baby."  I love to tickle her and hear her laugh.  One of the best things in the world is the sound of a child's laughter. 

I absolutely love this program and would strongly recommend it to any parent.  I can't wait until it starts again in April.

Check out Mother Goose for more information on the program and check out KELLI - Kamloops Early Language and Literacy Initiative for the schedule and other programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment