Live Well * Laugh Often * Love Much





Friday, March 26, 2010

Life with Alexis: Alice in Wonderland


During Alexis' visit, we did a Girl's Night.  So, we left daddy at home babysitting baby girl, and off to the movies we went.  She wanted to see Alice in Wonderland.  Since we both knew that her dad did not see it, that is where we headed.

It was a great night filled with girl talk.  I have not had girl talk like that in, ummmm, many years.  Of course, I will never disclose what was said.  I know how to keep secrets.  I had so much fun, and I feel closer to Alexis.  Thank you Alexis for allowing me to spend time with you.  I know I am not the greatest step parent in the world.

Anyway, the movie was very cool in 3D.  I will even admit to jumping a few times as things seem to fly at me.  If you are looking at this movie with a serious eye, there are a couple of holes in it.  However, if you ignore the holes, the movie is highly entertaining.

The acting was awesome.  I completely believed Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter (of course, I believe Johnny in every role he takes).  The imagery was stunning.  I usually find movies lacking if I have read the book first.  I think my imagination is much better that the movie makers.  Hmmm, career change perhaps.  I digress.  This movie lived up to the images I have in my head (and the voices).  It makes me want to pull out the books and read them all over again.  In fact, once I finish the 2 books I am currently read, perhaps I will.

I would recommend this movie to anyone wanting to be entertained!


No comments:

Post a Comment