Live Well * Laugh Often * Love Much





Sunday, May 16, 2010

Biggest Loser Update: Week 1 and 2


I have not been able to post my updates.  I have been so focused on this journey, that I haven't had the energy to do much else.  I have been tracking everything though.  Mike found a wonderful website called Fat Secret.  This site allows you to track calories consumed and calories burned during exercise, find recipes, chat with other people on a similar journey, chart your progress and journal about your thoughts and feelings.  They even have a free app for the Blackberry.



As an update, I want to share some of my journal entries with you.

Week 1
May 1st
"First workout yesterday, uggggg. They are not going to ease us into it. It was 45 minutes of circuit training heck. I thought I was going to pass out at one point. I didn't though. I got through it and I am proud of my self. I might even be crazy enough to return."

May 3rd
"Core workout today. They are called crunches for a reason, I heard things crunch. Apparently my abs are slightly separated, what ever that means. Regular excercise will fix that tho. To top it all off, we have homework! Tomorrow we work on our legs. My husband has a wheel chair on stand by."

May 4th
"Didn't need the wheelchair. Not because they were easy on me, but because they worked my arms today. I had wobbly arms for the drive home. Feeling ok now, but we will see tonight. As long as hubby can put my baby girl in my arms, I am happy. Well, he might have to fed me too."


May 5th
"It feels wierd not to be working out today. I had wanted to go for a walk, but life intrudes. We had a leak in the baby's room that needed to be fixed. Oh well, it's ugly out anyway. Maybe hubby will let me play the Wii later."

May 6th
"Ouch. Hubby and I decided to go to East Side Mario's for a date. I looked up the menu online so I can plan what to have. I decided one of the healthiest choices would be the Steak with roasted potatoes and veggies. I added some roasted mushrooms since I never get mushrooms at home. Since it was an 8 oz steak, I cut it in half as soon as the dish came. I also put 1/2 the potatoes aside. We had garden salad to start. The salad was drenched in Italian dressing (the other dressing choices were ranch or blue cheese). The rest of the meal was swimming in oil. Even only eating 1/2 the steak and potatoes, the meal was over 900 calories. That doesn't include the bread they give you as well. Like I said, ouch!!! Never each at East Side Mario's if you are trying to lose weight. There goes the workout today. Wobbly, sore legs for nothing. I just hope I can walk tomorrow."

May 7th
"I guess I should have know since it was called 'Boot Camp', something was gonna hurt afterwards. I just didn't think it would be all of me. Circuit class will be interesting and painful tomorrow. Weigh in is tomorrow as well, so this had better be paying off."

May 8th - Weigh In Day
"Circuit today was killer after Boot Camp. At least it can only get easier from here. That's what I keep telling myself anyway."

Weight: 268.2
Down: 2.4 lbs

Week 2
May 9th
"Road Trip....  Today one of the most difficult days so far. We had to take my hubby's mom home today (she lives 2 hours away), then come home. We always have chips, candy and pop while on a road trip. Sometimes, we have ice cream and/or chocolate as well. It has become such a habit that as soon as I am in the vehicle for more than an hour, I get really bad cravings. It was difficuilt, but I resisted. Well, I did have a diet pepsi, but that doesn't count. I even had salad when we stopped for lunch at Subway."


May 12th
"All I can say today is ow ow ow ow. We worked our core today. It left me saying to my belly - "You are the weakest link. Goodbye!" Of course, my belly is stubborn and it is still there. It is kinda like those house guests who come to visit and never leave. I will get you out belly. I swear I will. I'd laugh but it hurts too much."

May 15th
"I was hoping for more because I have been working my butt off. Literally. Any loss is good though, so I shouldn't be so hard on myself. And I need to work harder next week. ;)"

Weight: 264.8
Down: 3.4 lbs
Total Lost: 5.8 lbs
Comments and Thoughts
The second week was harder.  Not physically but mentally.  Especially after the weigh in on Saturday.  I felt I should have lost more, I worked so hard, but it doesn't show.  I was so discouraged, I almost cried.  I did not put the effort in to the circuit and I felt ready to just quit.  I am glad I have today off to recharge and reset myself.  I have accomplished a lot in a short amount of time, and I weigh less than when I started.  If I start setting my expectations too high, I will not be able to achieve them, and will only be disappointed. 

I just need to concentrate on working hard, and giving 100 %.  It will show.  To that end, I have decided my goal is 2.5 lbs per week.
Here's too a new week...



No comments:

Post a Comment