Live Well * Laugh Often * Love Much





Saturday, May 22, 2010

Biggest Loser Update: Week 3

I was really depressed at the beginning of the week.  I have been working really hard, and it doesn't show yet.  I know it will, but patience is not a virtue I am known for.  I compared myself to others, and this reflected in my workouts.  I didn't put my heart into them. 

On Wednesday, I weighed myself on the Wii.  I was only down 0.1 kg. (Side Note: I do not like the fact that it weighs in kg instead of pounds.  I have to try to calculate it out every time.  Nintendo, are you listening?).  I was frustrated, so I did a Wii workout to encourage some of my fat to "get lost".  As I worked out, I realized that my lack of weight loss is because I have been concentrating on what other people are doing and not on what I am doing.

That afternoon, while at the gym, I focused on myself.  I weighed myself at the gym, and I was down a pound.  Maybe all the concentration helped? 

Another note, I am retaining water.  I think....  I only made a couple of journal entries this week.  I gotta work on that.

Week 3
May 16th
"I have really been struggling this past week, not physically just mentally. It is only week 2, and I have lost almost 6 pounds, but I don't see the changes. I don't feel the changes. Today is my day off, my recharge day, and all I feel is exhaustion.
It took me years to get to where I am, and I have no one to blaim but myself. I just keep hoping for a miracle that will magically melt the pounds away quickly. The questions is though, would I learn anything that way? "

May 19th
"I am weighing in today since the gym is closed Friday to Monday for the Victoria Long Weekend. I'm not down as much as I hoped, but then Mother Nature gave my the "gift" this week. To top it off, I have been a little depressed, so not working as hard as I should. Hopefully I can make it up over the next couple of days, and it will show next week."
 
Weight: 263.6
Down: 1.2 lbs
Total Lost: 7.0 lbs

2 comments:

  1. 7 lbs in 3 weeks is great Gina, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing awesome, you body is just getting used to the muscle you are creating, and you metabolism is just getting REVVED up. On The Biggest Loser, they are working out 5- 7 hours per day. so you can't expect those kind of results, it's impossible when you have a life and don't live on the ranch. You can do it, and a little bit of weight is better than nothing. Plus if you are anything like me, then you will lose inches easier than weight.

    ReplyDelete