Live Well * Laugh Often * Love Much





Saturday, May 1, 2010

I Survived

the first day...I think.

Poor husband.  Today is his birthday, and I start my new diet and fitness routine.  So he ends up with a sugar deprived, muscle aching, stinky wife for his birthday.  Happy Birthday Hunny. 




The Biggest Loser

Today is the day I start losing myself, and there is a lot of me to lose. We started the Biggest Loser Program.  First day of a new meal plan, and first work out. 

I will admit that I went into this with a number of assumptions. 
The meal plan will be difficult to follow. 
The workouts will be difficult but they will ease us into them.

I was right about one thing, the meal plan will be difficult to follow sometimes.  I was way off base on everything else.  Have I ever told you I hate exercise?  Well, I do. 

I arrived at the Fit Centre an hour early.  Not completely my choice, but I made the best of it.  I went for a walk to kill time and warm up.  They are a little disorganized, so once I got back, I had a 1/2 hour to kill.  And a 1/2 hour for the fear to start.

The machines looked like torture devices.  I could feel tears in my eyes at the thought.  Finally, the time arrives, as did the "long" walk to the circuit area.  Lorilee, one of the trainers and co owner, started to explain what we are to do at each station.  There were like 30 of them, and I got lost by the 5th or 6th one.  I decided to follow a "pro" (which is simply someone who has done it before).  There was confusion on the order of the stations, but we got started anyway.

My first station was push up bar.  Oh good, thats a great way to start.  I got through that, and continuted on my merry way.  Here is where it gets fun.  I get to my 5th station, and start doing the exercise.  Mikki, another trainer and the other owner, comes to me to show me how to do it properly.  Then she says that the weight was way too easy, so she replaced my 2 lb weight with a 10 lb weight.  Ouch.  It only gets worse.

The next station, I have to pick up two 5 gallon jerry cans filled with water, and run around the outside of the building twice in 60 seconds.  I looked at the 20 gallon ones, but heck no.  It definately took me longer than 60 seconds.  So I only had to step up on the tractor tire (the following station) for about 30 seconds. 

By the time I got 1/2 way (which is kicking the punching bag station, or was it the running up and down the flight of stairs station?), I am almost ready to pass out.  Then a miracle happens, the next station is adominal twists with a medicine ball.  I get to stand still! 

I struggled through the next couple of stations, before I got to one I just couldn't do.  I can't even remember what the station was.  I just walked in place instead.

As we neared the end, the confusion regarding the order of the stations got to the point that people just started looking for a station they hadn't done before.  The hula hoop was backed up, so I never did get a chance to do it.  I did the motion anyway, and I am sure I looked very entertaining.  I even got amcheer. 

I think my favourite was the penguin walk.  Even the name is fun.  Fifty minutes later, the torture was over.  Good thing too because I was starting to vomit a little in my mouth.  Ewwww.  We did 10 minutes of stretches before we were finally released.  I must be a glutton for punishment, because I will be back there next Saturday for circuit.

Hubby picked Nina and I up bearing the gift of Timmies.  I love that man.  Nina and I are scheduled to return Monday for core work.  Doesn't that sound like fun?  Friday is boot camp.  If circuit is considered the easy class, I am afraid...very afraid...of boot camp.  Hopefully someone there knows CPR.

Other than my legs feeling like Jello (I promise the Fat Free kind), I do feel better already.  Or am I delirious from the lack of oxygen?

Now for the embarassing part.  I will be posting a picture at the beginning of each month to chart my progress.  As well, I will be sharing my, gasp, weight with you each week.  I am using you to keep me on track.

Here goes...



Before Picture

271 pounds


1 comment:

  1. Proud of you sis! And I promise that one day you will look forward to and maybe even enjoy your workout. Love you!

    ReplyDelete