Live Well * Laugh Often * Love Much





Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Blogging - Why Do It

On a completely separate topic, I was doing some research into blogging. I am a terrible writer, and not all that creative. I will admit I am a math geek. I would much rather be doing calculations long hand than write anything. However, I also believe it is important to do things outside our comfort zones. It keeps our brains working and keeps us out of trouble.

Anyway, one of the first things the websites say is to know why you are blogging. It got me thinking as to why I am doing this. I am pretty sure that no one is reading this, so it can’t be to become rich and famous. I think it is because of Baby Girl. I have tried to journal in the past, but once I am gone, who will really read those. Now I have someone who one day will be interested in my life, in my thoughts and feelings. A side benefit to this is being able to keep anyone who does happen to read it up to date on what we are doing.

Having said all that, many of the sites also say to have a specific topic. My topic will be me and my life as a 30 something career woman, wife and mother of 1 infant and 1 teenage step daughter. Really though, how crazy can my life get?

I appreciate any comments you may have about what I have to say. Even if it’s just to let me know I am not alone out there. If you are interested in blogging, check out this website: 10 Tips for Personal Bloggers. I found it extremely helpful.

As well, I have a couple of links to the left. "It's a Bartel Life" is my cousin Amanda's blog. She encouraged me to keep plugging away. As well, there is one for "Little Tots, Big Ideas." The author of this blog features the stories from mothers around the world. In fact Amanda will be featured on February 16th. Be sure to check it out. If you would like me to include a link to your website, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment