Live Well * Laugh Often * Love Much





Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Happy Poop Day


I never thought that one day I would become excited about poop, nevermind talking about how excited I am about poop.  However, here we are and I just have to share my excitement.

Our poor baby girl has been constipated off and on since she was 3 months old.  However, since the introduction of solid foods, it has been worse.  This last bout lasted over a week and was causing her pain.  Daddy talked to the Pharmesist, and he recommended 2 products.  The first is called "Colace" which is a stool softener.  The other is a suppository.  Since I didn't relish the thought of "administering" the suppository, we started with the Colace. 



Unfortunately, the stool softener didn't work.  On Monday we took her to the doctor, who perscribed Lactulose and told us to use the suppositories.  Obviously, this is what I wanted to avoid but if it will help little miss feel better, then I would just suck it up.  Suprisingly it didn't bother the little girl. 

What ever is in those suppositories works like a charm.  Yesterday, she had 2 normal baby poops. 

It was a very Happy Poop Day!





1 comment:

  1. Nothing better than when your baby has a good poop! Funny the things we get excited about as parents!

    ReplyDelete