Live Well * Laugh Often * Love Much





Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Goals

As promised, here is the update on my revised goals. They are a little more specific, and I have created steps I am going to take to achieve them. The goals are all short term goals. I also created 5 year and 10 year goals.

Leisure Time
I will get my motorcycle license by July 1, 2010.
• I have contacted both training schools in Kamloops for pricing and schedules. I have one, I am just waiting for the other to decide with one I am going to use.

I will read 10 books per year, 2 of which must be nonfiction.
• I am currently reading “The Lost Symbol: by Dan Brown. Once I am done, I will post my opinion on it.

Community Involvement
I will volunteer by March 31st, 2010.
• I want to give back to the community, so I have decided to volunteer. I have contacted Volunteer Kamloops for an application. They review your experience and suggest positions that match up.



Personal Growth
I will reconnect with my friends by the end of the year.
• I am going to host an event once a month beginning in March. I am planning a Murder Mystery Night for the first event. If you are willing to participate, let me know.

I will post to my blog 3 times per week.
• I want to use my blog to keep myself on track with my goals, to keep family and friends up to date, and to learn a little about myself. To be able to do this, I plan to write some posts up in advance, and use them during quiet weeks.

Health and Fitness
I will work out for 30 minutes, 4 times per week.
• Georgina and I did a 30 minute walk on Thursday. I decided to break my ultimate goal of losing 75 pounds into smaller goals to make it more manageable.

I have more goals in areas such as Spiritual Growth, Career, Financial Success and Education, some of which are the longer term goals. I am really excited to be working on these.

No comments:

Post a Comment