Live Well * Laugh Often * Love Much





Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Starbucks Adventure

Georgina and I went for Starbucks and a walk. Due to the weather, we weren’t able to go for the walk we wanted, but I did get my Grande Cinnamon Dolce Latte - my new favourite. I think it's time to buy Kiera a Blackberry. The original plan was to go out around 10 am, but Boog and Kiera couldn’t seem to get their naptime schedules coordinated, so we finally set out at 1 pm. I wish I could make plans around my nap times. Actually I wish I had nap times.

I have always enjoyed watching men interacting with their children, but I didn't realize the reverse is also true. As Georgina and I were feeding the prunes to the babies, a man sat at a table facing us. He smiled at the kids and us, laughing at how messy cute they were. He then proceded to ignore me and flirt with Georgina. Being that Georgina is single and I am not, it seemed appropriate, not that he knew that. I got to sit back and enjoy the show, so to speak. However, we knew it wasn't meant to be when he told us that his youngest child is 23 years old. Alas, Georgina continues on her quest for love.

Mike left to go to Lillooet this afternoon to visit his mom, so it is a perfect time for Kiera to get sick, and I mean vomit and diarrhea. You know you're a mother when get vomited and pooped on and it doesn't bother you. I don't think she has the flu, since she doesn't have a fever and other than being tired, hasn't been unusally cranky. I am hoping it is just her system adjusting to new foods. Yesterday we tried Soya Cereal with Pears, and Carrots. Today we tried Prunes. She fell asleep early tonight which means I will be up and down all night with her or that she will be up at 6 am or both. Either way, I am hoping she feels better tomorrow. Poor girl. Daddy will be home Wednesday, and we will be very happy to see him.

No comments:

Post a Comment