Live Well * Laugh Often * Love Much





Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"Working on Myself Month"

February is “Working on Myself” Month.

Mike has been working on his resume and on how to describe him self on job interviews. He handed me a paper yesterday with one question: “write down 5 words from your spouse, parent, sibling and/or friend that would describe you in your personal life.” He wanted me to come up with 5 words to describe him. As I did this, I started thinking about what words people might use to describe me. It was easy to come up with negative words, but the point of the exercise was to come up with positive ones. That was much harder. Here are 5 words I came up with. Let me know if I am right.

1. Humorous
2. Intelligent
3. Polite
4. Affectionate
5. Organized

This got me thinking about area’s I would like to improve.

1. Lose weight and be healthier

2. Be more active
a. Not necessarily exercise, just get out and do more things

3. Do more for others
a. Donating more money and items
b. Volunteering

4. Reconnect with Friends
a. Show my friends that I care more
b. Celebrating milestones with friends (i.e. Birthdays, Children, Weddings)

What I now need to do is sit down and set some goals. Any ideas? Your suggestions are always welcome. As I develop goals, I will create a post about the goal and my plan to achieve it.



PS: I want to say to congratulations to Kerri for being a contestant in Kamloops Biggest Loser. I am sure she will do well, and hope she is the "Biggest Loser".

No comments:

Post a Comment